Wednesday, April 07, 2010

This and That

Del had his second kidney stone treatment yesterday and it went well. According to the doctor the stone broke up nicely and will now make its way outside (hopefully as easily as the last one did). Del has a bad bruise on his back but otherwise he is fine and has no pain, he will be back to work tomorrow.

The weather has been very much like Summer the past few days. We actually hit 90 yesterday which is a bit early for my taste. Everything is blooming and our car is covered in pollen which also makes our eyes burn and our noses run, allergy season is in full swing. I mowed the big part of the garden for the first time today, most of it is still pretty brown but closer to the house it was thick and green with some kind of very fragrant weed, we also have a lot of clover this year and some dandelions. The garden beds are ready for planting and the strawberry plants are thriving. The raspberries I planted are also starting to grow. The lilac is in full bloom and the azaleas are just beginning to blossom.

I found another cute penguin wash cloth pattern and had to try it.

I also finished the reversible cable scarf that is one half of my mother's birthday gift this year.

These are three of my pieces from the 12 x 12 x 12 challenge, I picked my favorite things as the theme for the project but as with so many other things, life got in the way and so far I have only 5 out of 12 pieces finished. Here are my three most favorite things: Cats, Tea and Sunflowers. The cute mini quilt hanger was a gift from a secret sister some time ago.

With the weather being so nice and warm we now have iced coffee in the afternoon and salads for lunch or dinner, this one is grilled chicken with honey mustard dressing. Yum!

I leave you with a picture of our Easter basket and go back to working on my latest project - I am re-acquainting myself with cross stitch.

1 comment:

Mabiana said...

I'm glad to hear all went so well with Del's treatment.

The quilt and the lilac are very pretty!