Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Summer Knitting

Small projects knitted with thin yarn are the order of the day in the heat of Summer. My friend Claudia in Germany sent me 5 balls of gorgeous Opal sock yarn. I am using 4 of them for socks and the one with my favorite fall colors (bottom right) for a narrow shawl/scarf.


Here are my current knitting projects.

Kijani, knitted with Simply Soft Light.


Pimpelliese, knitted with beautiful Opal sock yarn.


And, more socks, there are always socks on the needles. This pair is knitted in my favorite pattern - Pied Patronus - using another lovely Opal yarn (Hundertwasser series, Blinde Venus, I just love these colors).


In case anyone noticed the slightly different background - we have a new dining table, slightly longer but narrower then the old one and I love it.





2 comments:

karen said...

you have quite the collection of summery knits! I'm hoping once July is over I can focus better on some projects :)

Shirley said...

Love the sock! The colors are awesome and remind me of fall. Fall is my favorite time of the year and I am already looking forward to the cooler weather. Hope you have a happy 4th holiday/celebration!