Sunday, February 01, 2015

Weekend

I had a really nice and relaxing weekend despite the fact it was grocery shopping weekend and we had to go to no less than 6 stores on Saturday morning for groceries and some extras (like a whole bunch of colorful embroidery floss for a new project).

Since it was St. Brigid's Day and Imbolc weekend we celebrated with a special breakfast with braided bread and a special dinner with potatoes and greens (Bubble and Squeak), trifle and a nice hard cider.


I read a lot and knitted a little on the next washcloth in the KAL, a very nice pattern again.

February is going to be my big cleanup month, house, garden, body, mind and soul. :-) I have started with giving up coffee and feel a lot better already. I am drinking a lot of nice herbal teas and eat lots of fruits and veggies.

The seeds for the garden are ordered and will soon come in. I cannot wait to get started, I am so looking forward to digging and planting and fresh veggies and herbs.

I hope your weekend was a nice one too.

Weekending with Karen

2 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

You set such a pretty table Maria. I gave up coffee almost two years ago and don't miss it at all which is surprising since I was a two Pot a day drinker. I can't wait to get in the dirt either, but don't want winter to end just yet. We have a chance, 50%, of snow for Friday!!!

karen said...

love the table setting and your family photo as your header is precious :) made me smile!