Monday, January 06, 2014

Monday

Well, my day did not go quite as planned. Instead I was preparing for the low temperatures we are expecting tonight and tomorrow. I hung blankets on the bedroom windows and a quilt in the doorway to the kitchen, the kitchen door went missing long before we moved into the house and normally it is not a big deal. But with the current cold it makes it difficult to keep the middle room, where most of our life seems to take place, warm. The kitchen gets warm enough from cooking and baking. There are extra blankets for the cats and for us and I made a new sleeping box for the extra cat that lives in our garden/basement. I will sleep a little better knowing he is inside tonight. I closed off the front room for the time being, it faces north and is the coldest of all the rooms. As always, once something becomes inaccessible for the cats it also becomes extremely interesting. ;-) They have calmed down now and are all snoozing on the bed, except Mr. Jackie who is with me. 
I hope tomorrow I will be able to go through with my plans for crafting, reading and just a bit of cleaning. I will also bake bread, which will definitely warm up the kitchen.
Wherever you are tonight, stay warm and take care of your pets. And check in on your neighbors, just in case.

2 comments:

MTVA said...

One of the rare times the weather guessers have been accurate! We've gone from a silly 55 yesterday morning to 6 this morning! The cats are occupying the warm radiators, and I'm off for a fresh cup of hot tea. Hope you all are keeping warm!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

It really is cold isn't it?
We blocked off the back of the house and had my son sleep on the coach since we only heat with a wood stove.
I have a pot of vegetable chili in the crockpot which I think will make for a nice warm dinner tonight, good after a cold day.
Stay warm and safe.