Thursday, January 30, 2014

In my kitchen

Making yogurt cheese for St. Brigid's Day. (You might notice the white coffee maker in the background. Our pretty red one called it quits and we needed a quick and cheap replacement. I view it as a temporary solution.)


Dinner preparations. Thursday/Friday dinner is usually soup and something baked, today it is onion soup and cheddar cheese and mustard muffins.


The kitchen sink faucet has been on a slow drip since it got so cold. The collected water goes into our water filtering containers. Nothing is wasted.


My constant companions - Jackie and MamaCat -, complete with favorite felt mousie, just in case I have a hand free to toss it for him.


A huge hawk on a tree across the way. It was later chased off by a Squirrel! I tried to take a quick picture through the kitchen window. If you click on it you should be able to see the bird, it is above the text.


And meanwhile on the pantry window this guy is trying to butter me up for more treats. This is his 'purr-face'.
(Yes, he was successful.)


What I am not going to show you is what happened when the butter, instead of melting nicely, exploded in the microwave.

2 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

It's still really cold here too and onion soup sounds wonderful; I just put that on my menu for this weekend, thank you for the idea.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I have never made homemade onion soup! The muffins look good. I hope you're staying warm up there!