Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Brrrrr!

We woke up to a whooping 5 degrees this morning. The house was reasonably warm, my preparations from yesterday worked.
These are the windows in the mudroom, the ice is on the inside.


Floyd, the extra cat, spent the night inside but he insisted on being let out in the morning. Maybe he thinks he is a polar bear because he is white. His daughter seems to think the same, I found her between the blanket and the window and a few of her hairs got stuck in some ice. Silly furry monsters. ;-)

I am baking bread, the oven is on a low setting to help the dough rise and it is going well. I have cooked beans to add to the potato goulash I am making for dinner and there is some orange punch simmering in the crock pot.

The cats are either running around like crazy or snoozing on the bed and in the sun spot by the window. The car started up without any problems this morning, good old boy that he is.

I am set up to do some sewing but I can't find enough outlets to plug everything in I need. I don't want to blow a fuse. I'd like to watch a movie while sewing but that means I have to plug in the speakers, together with the power converter for the sewing machine and the Ott-Lite for my poor old eyes it may be just a bit too much, guess, I'll go without the movie.

Hope you are all keeping safe and warm. I leave you with a picture of Mr. Jackie, telling me that he absolutely needs more treats. See you all soon!

No comments: